Have you ever stepped on a rat? It happened to me several years back. I still remembered it was in the late evening. My sis was in the bathroom. I was in the room studying. Everything was quiet till I heard a loud scream from the back of the house. I was one of the first to rush to the "scene" of the mystery scream. There I was garang like a lion king. I kicked open the partially opened bath room. My sis was squatting on top of the stone container, where we used to store water. (It was discarded few years back)
Nothing RA ok!? She was fully clothed but not her face was as white as a sheet of paper. She was pointing to the far corner with eyes fixed at that direction. I turned around and to my horror and disgust, I saw another pair of sneaky eyes staring back at me. It was a dirty big fat rat. I let out a similar scream, that was enough to wake up the next door neighbours. The first thought that came to my mind at that moment was to turn back and run. The rat also had the same thought. I took big steps. It took small but rapid steps. Mind you. Both of us were running in the same direction. Guess what happen in the end. The poor assailant ran into my path and got squashed by my fat and heavy foot in its attempt to escape. hiaks! I did not dare to move my foot or even peeked at the gruesome remains. Luckily, my folks helped me to clear the mess. That was my first close encounter with a rat. Sometimes, you are in a situation whereby your opponent looks very aggressive and intimidating, it might be your opponent is more afraid than you.
There was another incident, which happened in my current place a few years back. I remembered there was a sudden downpour on a weekday evening. I was on my way to the nearby food outlet. The visibility was not good. The rain was getting heavier. Still, I could see people running for shelter. Then out of a sudden, I saw something emerging from the nearby "long gang" and running towards my direction. Just before, I would confirm that was a cat, it rammed straight into my leg. The impact was big enough to make me take 3 steps back. Think the poor cat probably got concussion. It diminished into some dark corners again. Luckily, I was wearing my jean at that time. When I went home that evening, there was a swell and bruise on my leg, which took a few days to recover.
There was a recent incident, which happened near on the floor that I lived on. I was walking to the lift that morning. While I was waiting for the lift, I heard some strange noise. It sounded like somebody vomiting. Guess what I discovered. A white cat with red eyes was vomiting all over. Hiaks. Not a pretty sight.
On another occasion, I saw the same white cat sitting along the common corridor looking up. Out of curiosity, I looked up. To my horror and disgust, two golden fur pussies were sitting on the window ledges of the house above. The thought of the 2 cats plunged towards me sent a "electric wave" down my spine. *cold sweat* Sometimes, curiosity really can kill. : Þ
Friday, September 24, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment