Thursday, October 14, 2004

Making a Difference

Let me share with you a starfish story that I read in a book recently. It was also the same story that was used by the teaching service in one of its publicity blitz a few years back. The story is reproduced below:
"As the old man walked the beach at dawn he noticed a youth ahead of him picking up starfish and flinging them into the sea. Finally, catching up with the youth, he asked him why he was doing this. The answer was that the stranded starfish would die if left in the morning sun. "But the beach goes on for miles and there are millions of starfish, "countered the old man. "How can your effort make any difference?"
The young man looked at the starfish in his hand and then threw it to the safety of the waves. "It make a difference to this one," he said. "
I noticed that there have been very little activities in our yahoo page. The average monthly mails do not exceed 15. Guess everyone is busy with their work, life, business, study, etc. The idea of starting of the blog to compliment the yahoo page paid off initially until I reduced the number of contributions from daily to ad hoc basis due to work commitment. At time, I felt a little bit disappointed that I did not hear from any of you, until recently at the fifth 7th. I realised that some of you did take some time off to read the blogs that I have posted. Then on the night after the fifth 7th, I received a sms from Irene. It read:" Are u writing abt 5-7 soon? After reading 4-7, keen 2 knw wat happen?"
At least, I make a difference to her. Similarly, I hope that you can do the same. Share your thoughts by emailing to neofamily2004.simple@blogger.com : )

No comments: