Thought#1: I was shocked to find out that "Superman" had passed away at the age of 52, when I read the Streats this morning. I grew up with the character "Superman". He was an icon in my generation. There were not many outstanding special effects in the Superman movie sequels. Yet it attracted many to go back for more. He demonstrated the spirit of superman even in real life. He had a fall and broke his neck in 1990s. He was paralysed from the neck down. When the odds of living was against him, he survived and lived on for many more years. Although he could not even breathe on his own and depended very much on breathing machine, he spent his remaining years championing stem cell research. He even wrote a book called " Nothing is impossible", which documented his ordeal and inner thoughts. He was a Hero in his own right. No doubt about it. Very often when we faced with obstacles, we will keep dwell in negative thoughts. Why can't we be like Superman and capitalise on our positive strength? Think about it.
Thought#2: Every morning I take a bus to AMK to catch a train, which will take me to my office. Just outside the MRT and near the traffic light, there will be an old lady in wheelchair, who sells tissue paper for a living. One of her legs is amputated. Every morning, she will be at the exact same spot doing the same thing. Everytime when I looked at her, I will wonder where she stays. Who send her there to sell tissue paper?
It happened that one day last week. I was on the bus to the MRT. It was about 3 stops away from the MRT. I saw the familiar old lady in the wheelchair outside the bus windows. She was on her own. I could see she was wheeling herself in the opposite direction. She seems to be going home. The mystery was finally solved. Looking at the back of her fading into the background. I can't help to feel abit sad. What will become of us when we are as old as her? Will we be able to support ourselves? Start thinking about your retirement plans now. It is never too late to start.
Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment