6 Jun 08 is a sad day for us as our dear cousin, Ah min ended his months of suffering on 6 Jun 08, barely 1 week after his heart transplant ops. He was the first one in my generation to join the Land in the West. He was survived by her parents, her wife and 2 very young daughters. He was 35.
Since young, ah min had developed a passion for food. He did not follow a strict health regimes despite having diabetics when he was young. He particularly loved hokkien mee from Chomp Chomp. He was the happy go lucky guy. He was well loved by my folks' generation. He was able to mingle with the older generation effortless.
When I was a kid, I used to play with him and ah boon whenever they visited ASL during school holidays. Irene was there too. Yes, only 4 of us as we belonged to the same age groups. The other cousins were either older or not born yet.
I remembered Ah boon's father would give us a car ride to nowhere. Occasionally, he would bring us out for movie, when they visit ASL. Since young, Ah min was not the academic type. As I was 2 years older, I used to share with him what I learned in school. He would be not be interested.
As we got older, we seldom meet. The only occasions we met was during festive periods. It was even harder when we entered into situations like When we went to army, entered into the workforce, got married subsequently, started a family.
We would always remember ah min and his optimistism in life. Say something nice to your loved ones and don't wait till it's too late.
This blog is still active. It will serve to update you of the developments in our family and share memories. Irene has just joined me as a contributor of this blog.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment