Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Life like weather

I sleep on the side of the bed facing the window. I like to watch the sky from where I sleep. The changing clouds, the stars, the faraway planes, the changing color of the sky, lightnings from the distant sky never fail to amaze me.

Yesterday's sky was abit unusual. You could see lightnings from the distant sky, although the sky was clear, other than some passing clouds. However, the clouds started to gathered and the sky was become filled with them. It became white like a ghost. The wind was gushing. The people on the street was running as in a storm was brewing. I started my usual routine of closing all the windows in the house except the immediate window near my bed.
I waited for the rain to come. In fact, I welcomed it, as it meant a cooler night for sleeping. Strangely, 5 minutes passed, still not a drop of rain. Instead, I saw a small "hole" in the centre of the white clouds. It revealed the clear blue sky behind it. The wind was still blowing strong in the background. Within the next 5 minutes, the sky became clear again, although you could still see lightnings in the distant background.
Isn't Life like Weather? There is always a twist of events. What seem to be happening might not be materialised in the end.

No comments: